People ask me, “Small Business Online Marketing – Does It Work?“
It works if you work it. You have to know how the internet works and you have to know what you are after.
- Highly targeted visitors. What that means is that if your site is about tomatoes, they didn’t get there searching for saw horses.
- The internet is a gold mine. There is a lot of pig iron in the mineral, however. You have to know where to go and how to extract that web bullion. Fortunately, this information is FREE.
- Visitors whose “hair is on fire“. They have an urgent problem and THEY WANT A SOLUTION NOW! It is your job to convince them that you hold the fix in the palm of your hand. All they have to do is hand over some cash.
You can get this by:
- Pay Per Click or PPL advertising although the Pay Per Click is the less risky.
- Organic traffic which is traffic right off the search engines. This requires a web site, though, and it takes some time for the search engine spiders to crawl your site, usually over a span of several weeks before any of your pages start to “show” on the SERP’s.
- SEO’d articles which are free and tend to rank highly with the search engines. Just make sure they are optimized and your articles will inherit the page rank of the ezine you submitted to.
Can you see where your small business online marketing can be taken to new heights? Education is the key. Learn how the internet works and you can make it work for you. It is a real work horse in the right hands.
Decide which is the best small business to start and run with it.